Product Review: Caru’s Wild Boar Baked Bites and Bone Broth
Disclosure: We received a complimentary bag of Caru Wild Boar Baked Bites & a carton of Beef Bone Broth in exchange for our honest opinion in this review. As always, we only sample items that fit with our lifestyle and from companies that encourage genuine feedback in reviews.
We just love when we get introduced to new products that we can add to our list of favorites, along with the company as a whole! The two products that Caru Pet Foods sent to us to try (and give away as part of our #ElftheCrazyWay project) were their Wild Boar Recipe Baked Bites and their Grass-Fed Beef Bone Broth. The furries are fans!
Caru is dedicated to providing food and treats that consist of pure, healthy and nutritious food. How are they different?
- Carefully selected, human grade ingredients
- Created in small batches, resulting in products that smell and taste like they could’ve been made in your kitchen!
- Made in the USA
- Ideal for picky eaters (yummy) and dogs with food allergies (limited & known ingredients!)
- Responsible packaging, focusing on using green materials and reducing the manufacturing impact on the environment
Wild Boar Baked Bites
Liv practically dances to the end of the bed when it’s time to tuck in for the night and get her Caru Wild Boar Baked Bites. Murphy enjoys them as well, but he doesn’t dance for anything (yet), and Daisy & Enzo are more generous in their treat love. I love them because they really do smell (and look) good enough for me to eat … with limited human grade ingredients, I certainly COULD try them! Some other things I like about them:
- Wild boar is the number one ingredient
- Blueberries and cranberries are included in the recipes (antioxidants!)
- Grain, gluten and wheat free
- No GMO ingredients
- No corn, soy, or animal by-products
- Formulated without artificial preservatives, flavors or colors
Grass-Fed Beef Bone Broth
Murphy… Murphy (so far) is a big fan of the bone broth. Our readers and friends know that Murphy is a historically difficult eater. We have been on the search for months for a food/mixer that would entice Murphy to consistently eat meals. We’ve recently come across a kibble that he seems to enjoy (jury is still out), but for the last few days… when adding Caru’s Bone Broth to the mix, he’s eaten every meal. Now he could change tomorrow, but for now- I’m cautiously optimistic. We’ll post an update after another week. Paws crossed! Other things we like about the Bone Broth (in addition to all of the pros listed for the Baked Bites above)…
- Kitties love it too! Romeo enjoys a small bowl of it as I prepare the pup’s food.
- Made with USDA inspected beef bones
- Made with beef that is antibiotic free and contains no added hormones
- 90% protein on a dry matter basis
- Looks, smells and tastes just like homemade!
We’re really looking forward to trying other Caru products!